The Argentine Experience (Cultural Dinner Experience + Private Transfers)
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Location: Puerto Iguazú, Missiones
- Product code: PYUPT0
Famously fun, interactive, & delicious! This unique dinner party concept will teach you the fundamentals of what being an Argentine is all about, whilst simply having a lot of fun.
This experience includes pickup in Foz do Iguacu, Brazil and private roundtrip transfer to Puerto Iguazu, Argentina.
What you will experience:
- Try your hand at making your own wine-based cocktail.
- Learn how to create your own empanadas using the traditional 'repulgue technique'.
- Enjoy a typical Argentine picada with grilled provoleta cheese, sliced chorizo, and pork flank steak.
- 250g tenderloin which has been dried cured for 24hs. (Vegetarian, vegan, and celiac options available)
- Learn about the best parts of Argentine culture from your cultural guides, including Argentine hand gestures.
- For dessert, make your own alfajores, which are Argentina's national sweet biscuit.
- Learn the history and etiquette of 'mate', Argentina's hot drink and national pastime. You prepare it yourself.
- Includes a wine pairing of two Argentine wines specially chosen to enhance the dining experience.
Duration: 3.5 hours - all drinks & food included.
Frequency: Everyday except Sunday
Currency: Brazilian Real (R$) Check Todays Exchange Rate Here
Time: Pickup will either be at 18:00pm or 19:00pm depending in which cycle of the Brazilian daylight saving it is. The event starts at 20:00pm Argentine time.
- Roundtrip private car transfers,
- Help with border procedures,
- Welcome drinks - wine cocktails,
- Entries, main plate & dessert,
- Hands on experience preparing traditional empanadas, alfajores, and mate,
- Explanations about aspects of Argentine culture,
- Wine throughout the event,
- All equipment and aprons,
- Good company as you dine.
IS THIS A COOKING CLASS?
NO - It is not a cooking class, but a unique dining experience, where guests participate in the closing of their empanadas, the novelty empanada competition, constructing their own alfajores and preparing their own mate. All the gourmet ingredients and steaks are prepared by a highly skilled team of chefs.
You will receive the recipes for everything, so you can recreate The Argentine Experience for friends and family at home.
Your driver will guide you through the process of exiting Brazil and entering Argentina.
Important - this transfer crosses an international border. It is your responsibility to have the correct documents to complete the immigration processes.
Canadian passport holders need to pay an Argentine reciprocity fee online. You must have your receipt printed to present to the Argentine immigration control before arriving. You can register and pay this fee here: pay reciprocity fee.